7/6/08

independence day!

We are finally home from our long weekend! I love visiting with everyone but geez I am glad to be home and to sleep in my own bed again! We had such a great visit... on the 4th we had our family reunion with my mom's side of the family and we got to see several cousins (and their babies!) whom we don't get to see near often enough. I love this tradition of a 4th of July family reunion at grandpa's pond... we have been doing it as long as I can remember and it's something I used to look forward to all year. It's cool to me that now my own kids are the ones looking forward to it! My cousin and I were musing to ourselves how strange it seems that only yesterday we were the ones helping the younger kids light their fireworks and now OUR kids are the ones helping the littler ones. Add that on to the fact that tomorrow is my birthday (the big 3-0) and it's enough to make me feel OLD! Sheesh.

Anyway, I just wanted to share a few fun photos from our 4th of July celebration.

The boys had fun fishin'
Photobucket

Grandpa had fun playing Euchre
Photobucket

The kids took a few boat rides
Photobucket

One of the cousins brought puppies which were a HUGE hit
Photobucket

LOOK at these beautiful babies!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's my cousin's son, isn't he handsome? He is an EXTREMELY talented musician and singer!
Photobucket

the girls got to hang out...(the one on the right is the sis of the boy above, and a very talented harp player too!)
Photobucket

Priceless just chilled most of the day...
Photobucket

...until he got "rode", lol!
Photobucket

Uncle Roger's memorial garden looked beautiful
Photobucket

The food was AWESOME
Photobucket

and of course the kids got to set things on fire- so a good day all around!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I hope you all had a great weekend too! Sorry for the photo overload! :)